Wavves Forcast

Picture of Wavves when I saw them in Austin at Ms. Bees:

To learn more about Wavves and to see footage of ME and Wavves at this show, visit this link here: http://pitchfork.com/tv/#/episode/1924-wavves/2

In other Wavves related news, Wavves played at the Primavera Festival in Spain this past weekend. They gave a very entertaining/sucky show. I feel lucky that I caught such a great show from them in Austin during southby. Kinda looks like they are in the lows right now, hopefully they will move into the highs soon. They are wavves.

Here are some tweets I received about them from Ryan at Pitchfork:

Wavves' Nathan giving ultra pissy performance, drummer Ryan pours a beer on his head. And someone throws a shoe. Well deserved. (ryan)Holy shit, Wavves! Ryan runs off stage, throws drumstick at Nathan who shouts, "No! Come back here MF we're not done yet!" He doesn't.Crew comes up and breaks down drumset. Nathan tells them to stop, they don't. He tries to continue on... They cut his mic. Disaster city.

Bottles thrown. Verdict: Spain hates Wavves. Spectacular. (ryan).
'I think in the back of my head I knew I wasn't exactly mentally healthy enough to continue to tour the way I have been since February. Honest truth is this has all happened so fast and I feel like the weight of it has been building for months now with what seems like a never ending touring and press schedule which includes absolutely zero time to myself. I'm sorry to everyone who has put effort into this and to everyone who supported me. Mixing ecstasy valium and xanax before having to play in front of thousands of people was one of the more poor decisions I've made(duh) and I realize my drinking has been a problem now for a good period of time. Nothing else I can do but apologize to everyone that has been affected by my poor decision making. I made a mistake. Not the first mistake I've made and it for sure wont be the last. I'm human. Don't know why I chose the biggest platform I could imagine to lose my shit, but that's life. You live and you learn."


Criticisms straight from the streets spotted in Norman, OK at NMF.
(Gavin Ward pictured Below)


And that concludes today's Wavves news round-up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Yasmo Sultana All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogspot Templates From Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes